Experts say two emerging meat alternatives will challenge the conventional meat industry.
- "Novel vegan meat alternatives" and cultured meat will likely become competitors to traditional meat products, the report says.
- The report was conducted by the consulting firm A.T. Kearney and was based on expert interviews.
- Cultured meat isn't yet on the market, but could be by 2021.
The neuralnanorobotics are coming.
- In a new paper, 12 international researchers claim that an "internet of thoughts" might be mere decades away.
- By utilizing neuralnanorobotics, humans will be able to download information from the cloud by thought alone.
- Potential applications in medicine and education make this a promising endeavor, though the consequences are uncertain.
Beefless meat enters the mainstream.
- Burger King is testing its first major foray into the field of beefless patties.
- On top of plant-based meats, cellular agriculture — or "cell-ag" — can also yield animal-free patties.
- A new report lists 90 reasons that cell-ag holds a lot of promise.
What gives us color now may give rise to our cyborg future.
- Eumelanin is a mildly conductive type of melanin that produces dark pigmentation in hair, eyes, and skin.
- Researchers have just found a way to boost its conductivity without adding foreign materials.
- Eulemanin may be useable as a coating for implanted devices the body won't reject.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- U.S. PIRG tested 20 beers and wines, including organics, and found Roundup's active ingredient in almost all of them.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.