The FDA calls out creators of genetically tweaked hornless bulls.
- Hornless bull clones turn out to have questionable genomes.
- Scientists were so confident they didn't even look for transgenic DNA.
- No one's sure what to do with the offspring.
Scientists find promising results in trial to reverse biological aging.
- Volunteers given a mix of three drugs "aged backwards," shedding 2.5 years off their biological ages.
- The research focused on marks on their DNA and epigenetic clock.
- Scientists need to continue this research with a larger population size for their next trial.
A new report sees a major disruption in where we get our food.
- We're just a few years from the tipping point in engineered food.
- Traditional agriculture's 10,000-year-run is about over.
- Better foods, tastier foods, and cheaper foods are on the way.
Here's why you might eat greenhouse gases in the future.
- The company's protein powder, "Solein," is similar in form and taste to wheat flour.
- Based on a concept developed by NASA, the product has wide potential as a carbon-neutral source of protein.
- The man-made "meat" industry just got even more interesting.
Experts say two emerging meat alternatives will challenge the conventional meat industry.
- "Novel vegan meat alternatives" and cultured meat will likely become competitors to traditional meat products, the report says.
- The report was conducted by the consulting firm A.T. Kearney and was based on expert interviews.
- Cultured meat isn't yet on the market, but could be by 2021.