A new AI-produced commercial from Lexus shows how AI might be particularly suited for the advertising industry.
- The commercial was written by IBM's Watson. It was acted and directed by humans.
- Lexus says humans played a minimal part in influencing Watson, in terms of the writing.
- Advertising, with its clearly defined goals and troves of data, seems like one creative field in which AI would prove particularly useful.
Detailed (and beautiful) information on 57 million crop fields across the U.S. and Europe are now available online.
- Using satellite images and artificial intelligence, OneSoil wants to make 'precision farming' available to the world.
- The start-up from Belarus has already processed the U.S. and Europe, and aims for global coverage by 2020.
- The map is practical, and more — browse 'Random Beautiful Fields' at the touch of a button.
Can algorithms use collective knowledge to make us all internet explorers?
- Google has come under scrutiny lately for its dominance over the flow of information on the internet.
- TagTheWeb is researching a method to allow the "wisdom of the crowd" to categorize the internet more effectively.
- With or without Google, the internet looks to change significantly in the future, in ways we may not be ready for.
Easter eggs have been hidden in video games since Atari's Adventure; now Google search has hidden an entire adventure game.
- A Reddit user discovered a hidden adventure game buried in Google search's development console.
- The adventure game is the latest in a long list of Google Easter eggs and oddities dedicated to video games and pop culture.
- Have some time to kill today? Read here to learn how to access this Internet gem.
A supervised learning algorithm can predict clinical depression much earlier and more accurately than trained health professionals.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.