Brilliant Aurora Borealis Shines Above Greenland
Photo credit: Greenland Travel
A few weeks ago, folks blessed with relatively northern proximity and a clear night sky were treated to a view of some seasonally expansive auroras. In Greenland, Denmark's big and frosty foster child of a country, residents and visitors have long enjoyed some of the northern hemisphere's most stunning displays of heavenly lights. The aurora borealis, or northern lights, most often take the form of green curtains painting a dark and starry night sky.
The following images are all part of Greenland Travel's lovely Northern Lights Flickr album. Check out the link for higher resolution photos.
And just in case you want to book your ticket now: Air Greenland.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.