This economy has us in survival mode, stressing out our bodies and minds.
- Economic hardship is linked to physical and psychological illness, resulting in added healthcare expenses people can't afford.
- The gig economy – think Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, Handy – is marketed as a 'be your own boss' revolution, but it can be dehumanizing and dangerous; every worker is disposable.
- The cooperative business model can help reverse wealth inequality.
Money may not buy you love, but it won't break your heart either.
- The link between a poor interpersonal life and materialism has been known for decades, but the exact reason for this connection hasn't been clear.
- New research shows that two problematic attachment styles can push people towards seeking the love and affection they crave in material wealth.
- The study shows both how broken-hearted people use materialism as a crutch and how this dependency can be reversed.
It's likely one of the biggest data breaches in corporate history.
What is a blockchain phone, and why would anyone want one?
- Sirin Labs' Finney and the HTC's Exodus are set to become the first blockchain phones on the market.
- In the long-term, blockchain phones could be used to increase our security and shift the control of our data away from large corporations back to the individual users.
- In the future, it is likely that the concept could become mainstream due to the benefits it provides.
Most of those who try to sneak stuff onboard succeed.
- 32.4% American travelers try to sneak forbidden items onboard.
- 87.7% of them succeed.
- It's mostly about recreational drugs, but also about explosives, poisons, and infectious items.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.