A therapist explains acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
Fear, not empathy, is the most powerful emotion in the world.
- Karen Palmer's work as a storyteller is about helping others focus on themselves and take responsibilities for their actions.
- Freerunning and parkour taught Palmer the power of pushing past fear to reach and exceed one's goals. By learning to understand personal triggers for fear, humans can effectively rewire their brains.
- Fear is a reaction to something new, which is often the direction we should be moving towards and not away from.
Tips on telling human stories that audiences want to hear from start to finish.
- The most important part of being a writer is feeling that you're not important and that the work you're doing is not about you.
- "A journalist is someone who is willing to disappoint themselves with the truth."
- Every piece of journalism has a narrative arc, and that arc is integral to any human storytelling.
Charity and volunteering not only benefit the recipient but help you become happier and healthier in the new year.
- Most New Year's resolutions are self-directed and enjoy a failure rate of about 80 percent.
- Research has shown that selfless giving can enhance happiness, improve your health, and even extend your life.
- Resolving to help others can help you keep your resolution this year.
If laziness is written into our genes, why not embrace it?