Here's how to set clear expectations about household management.
- When managing household tasks, its best to set clear expectations about whose job it is to take care of what.
- Often we do things we feel are important, and put less value on other tasks others may be doing — it's important to show appreciation to keep home maintenance a well-oiled machine.
- Often people feel it's not their responsibility to keep things maintained when others are acting similarly in a shared space.
Like sneaking veggies into dessert, these board games teach STEM, strategy, and executive functions through the joys of play.
- Many popular board games offer little more than colorful distractions, lacking both thoughtful design or quality learning principles.
- However, the recent board game renaissance has resulted in a host of new games that teach children a range of hard and soft skills through play.
- We look at some of the best new board games and offer tips to find even more.
The older we are, the less our chronological age may say about us.
- Elder speak is the condescending language — "Dearie" "Honey" "Sweetie" — many people revert to when talking with people advanced in age.
- People spoken to in this condescending way, Yale researchers have found, begin to think, act, and even move differently.
- Ageism is based on stereotypes — the assumption that all members of a group are alike. This bias is particularly ironic when it comes to older individuals because they tend to be more dissimilar from one another — due to increasingly divergent life experiences — than younger people.
If texting 'is starting to feel frustrating, stressful, or if you're overwhelmed or trapped by it, that's a good indication that you need to set a boundary.'
I am not known for being especially easy to get hold of via text. I tend to keep my phone on silent as the high-pitched ping of an incoming message makes my cheeks flush with dread. I wish I could mute all my contacts' notifications – sorry, mom, dad, and everyone I care about, but communicating with you makes me incredibly anxious.
- 14 pagan-flavored movies to consider for your next holiday get-together.
- Filmmakers just can't stay way from the pagan love of nature and magic.
- Pagan-themed movies can be excellent training for wee environmentalists.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.