- There are islands in the Chesapeake Bay that have already succumbed to sea level rise, one of them is Holland Island.
- Even in a best case scenario, the consensus is that we'll get at least two feet of sea level rise by the year 2100.
- One big question is: What will happen when flooding gets worse and worse and people decide there's no hope for them anymore to live in their respective towns.
A DNA test promises to reveal your hidden history — but is it all smoke and mirrors?
Most people remember the emperor: a vain ruler, swindled into paying for a nonexistent magical garment, parades in public, only to be embarrassed by a little boy. To me, the story is really about the swindling tailors.
Being a successful caregiver is part of today's definition of manhood.
- The biggest example of a change in men's gendered behavior in recent years is the transformation of fatherhood. Nowadays, the definition of manhood has increasingly included being a present, and good caregiver.
- Women have historically been burdened with childcare and housework. So much so that they usually longer off time off for parental leave. Also, they're the ones tending to take off work if their kid is sick. Because of this heavy role in parenting, many women have not been able to advance far in the workforce.
- By men doing half of the care work, it's boosted women's empowerment. It's also great for children's emotional development and well-being. It's also great for men, too, because, as a result of being a successful caregiver, men are more likely to build up a sense of empathy, which can help them in leadership positions.
Here's how to set clear expectations about household management.
- When managing household tasks, its best to set clear expectations about whose job it is to take care of what.
- Often we do things we feel are important, and put less value on other tasks others may be doing — it's important to show appreciation to keep home maintenance a well-oiled machine.
- Often people feel it's not their responsibility to keep things maintained when others are acting similarly in a shared space.
Like sneaking veggies into dessert, these board games teach STEM, strategy, and executive functions through the joys of play.
- Many popular board games offer little more than colorful distractions, lacking both thoughtful design or quality learning principles.
- However, the recent board game renaissance has resulted in a host of new games that teach children a range of hard and soft skills through play.
- We look at some of the best new board games and offer tips to find even more.