Minnesota earned its 'blue mark' in the 1975 Morris earthquake, which had its epicenter in the western part of the state.
- Californians, want to run away from the Big One? Head for Minnesota.
- As this map shows, the Gopher State is the least likely to be hit by earthquakes.
- Choose your new home wisely, though: even Minnesota has one earthquake-sensitive spot.
Scientists discover how to predict megaquakes earlier to improve warning systems.
- Earthquakes of 7+ magnitude share a particular pattern, find seismologists.
- The pored over data of over 3,000 earthquakes to spot a "slip pulse".
- The scientists advocate using real-time GPS sensor data in early warning systems.
Natural disasters claim many more victims than terrorism, so why is funding in Europe and North America so out of balance? This negligence makes Neil deGrasse Tyson "embarrassed for our species".