Why does time flow in one direction? Why do humans perceive time so differently than it really is? Is there really a difference between the present, the past, and the future? These books explore these questions and more.
- Despite being immersed in it and inexorably propelled by it, we don't really understand time all that well.
- Fortunately, we can rely on the minds of our smartest writers to give us a good understanding of the one thing we all can't get enough of.
- This list of books on time ranges from the complicated to the straightforward, the historical to the speculative, the scientific to the literary, and more.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
A theory from cosmology claims the Universe could rip apart to shreds.
- A cosmological model predicts that the expanding Universe could rip itself apart.
- Too much dark energy could overwhelm the forces holding matter together.
- The disaster could happen in about 22 billion years.
A well-known cosmologist comes out with very stark warnings about particle accelerators.
- Respected astrophysicist Martin Reese has serious misgivings about the safety of the Large Hadron Collider.
- The collider could destroy us in 3 different ways, warns Reese.
- Despite the dangers, innovation should continue but with caution.
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.