Jane Goodall on Compromise
Jane Goodall is one of the world's foremost primatologists and a UN Messenger of Peace. Ever since her first trip to Africa in 1957, Goodall has dedicated her life to the study, understanding, and protection of chimpanzees. As a passionate activist and staunch animal rights advocate, Goodall is certainly no stranger to compromise, all in the name of progress.
"Lasting change is a series of compromises. And compromise is all right, as long your values don't change."
-Jane Goodall, interviewed at the World Summit on Sustainable Development (2002).
For more on Jane Goodall, check out this clip from fellow primatologist Richard Wrangham's Big Think interview:
The best-selling author tells us his methods.
- James Patterson has sold 300 million copies of his 130 books, making him one of the most successful authors alive today.
- He talks about how some writers can overdo it by adding too much research, or worse, straying from their outline for too long.
- James' latest book, The President is Missing, co-written with former President Bill Clinton, is out now.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
It's the first time the association hasn't hired a comedian in 16 years.
- The 2018 WHCA ended in controversy after comedian Michelle Wolf made jokes some considered to be offensive.
- The WHCA apologized for Wolf's jokes, though some journalists and many comedians backed the comedian and decried arguments in favor of limiting the types of speech permitted at the event.
- Ron Chernow, who penned a bestselling biography of Alexander Hamilton, will speak at next year's dinner.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.