Peter Schaffer on Celebrity Attorneys
Peter Schaffer: I mean in every field there are people that are very good at what they do. In the superstar defense attorney, I mean I’m not sure who that is on any given day, but I mean I would say there are people that are very driven, that are very intelligent for the most part and have ability to convince other people, whether it’s the press, whether it’s jurors, whether it’s other attorneys and whether it’s potential clients, convince them that they believe in what they’re saying.
: I would hope so. You know, I don’t know. I’ve been in front of a lot of capable prosecutors. You know, I don’t know what a superstar sort of prosecutor would even be. You hate to think that it really matters that much who’s the defense lawyer and who’s the prosecutor and it probably does, but I think that that would probably depend on the case. And the prosecution has a very different duty than the defense lawyer. The defense lawyer has a duty to represent his client under any circumstances and do whatever it takes ethically and legally to prevail. A prosecutor, whether they’re brand new or whether they’re- been around and are very successful are supposed to see that justice is served. And if trying to win in some
unethical way or questionable way, it doesn’t matter who the prosecutor is, that’s wrong, so one hopes that they take that part of their oath seriously.
There are always of any vocation, law is no different.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.