What one Navy SEAL learned by doing Hell Week 3 times
Two questions hold the key to breaking through your limitations, says David Goggins.
David Goggins is the only member of the U.S. Armed Forces to complete SEAL training, Air Force tactical air controller training, and the U.S. Army Ranger School, where he graduated as 'Enlisted Honor Man'. Seeking an even greater challenge, Goggins set about conquering the hardest sporting events known to man. Today he is considered to be one of the greatest endurance athletes in the world.
- Navy SEAL Hell Week is 130 hours of brutal training with less than 4 hours of sleep.
- To mentally and physically persist, you need to be sure of one thing: Why you want to be there.
- David Goggins keeps a 'mental cookie jar' of victories to overcome stress and negative self-talk.
The key to happiness is being less optimistic and accepting a certain amount of unhappiness.
- The centuries old philosophy of Stoicism may hold the key to a kind of happiness that is more grounded in reality.
- The two main ideas of stoic happiness are that problems are caused by your reactions to events not the events themselves, and the only things you can control are your thoughts and your actions.
- Choosing strategic pessimism over optimism and positive thinking is one way to avoid "unnecessary disturbance and anxiety."
TheTrueSize.com offers hours of fun while you stretch and shrink countries and states all over the globe.
- Our world maps lie to us: North America and Europe aren't really that big and Africa really is much bigger.
- It's all the fault of Mercator: even if the man himself wasn't necessarily Eurocentric, his projection is.
- This interactive map tool reveals countries' true sizes without having to resort to the Peters projection.
Getting started with easy-to-follow instructions and coursework is essential, and that is exactly what you'll find in The Ultimate Adobe CC Training Bundle.
- The Ultimate Adobe CC Training Bundle includes courses in using Adobe's most popular apps.
- Students learn basic to advanced features in Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator and four other Adobe CC programs.
- The $1,800 training package is now only $39.