Mitt Romney: Who really has the power in Washington?
Question: Who really has the power in Washington?
Mitt Romney:A lot of people have power in Washington, and I must admit I get tired of the fact that people in Washington care more about power than they do about getting the job done for the American people. And I’m not gonna worry about who’s got power if I’m fortunate enough to be there. I’m gonna worry about getting America right for a change for the American people by ending illegal immigration; by making sure policies don’t make it hard for families to be successful; by helping our schools; by getting us off of foreign oil – by finally ridding ourselves of the peril of foreign oil; and by working with our friends around the world to help end the threat of global jihad. Let’s get the job done in Washington and listen to fewer politicians that just talk about themselves and about their prospects for their own future.
Recorded on: 11/26/07
People in Washington care more about power than they do about getting the job done for the American people.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.