Katrina vanden Heuvel on the Modern Liberal
vanden Heuvel: For me, it does begin with a, you know, a kind of non-corporate approach to life. It begins with a world that is more peaceful, more just. It begins with the mantra which [informed] the Obama campaign’s best part, in my view, which was the organizing from below, which was about respect, inclusion, opportunity, empowerment, and those are attributes of a Left and progressive community that I believe in, and independence is what The Nation has been about for 143 years, so that we’ve never been, as we stated in our founding statement in 1865, the organ of any party, and that is where you find, I think, a strong basis for being a true, free-thinking, Liberal lefty progressive.
Katrina vanden Heuvel on the renewal of anti-corporatism.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
Moans, groans, and gripes release stress hormones in the brain.
Participants sought to go the entirety of February without so much as a moan, groan, or bellyache.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.