Jean-Pierre Rosso on Technology
Mr. Rosso has been Chairman of World Economic Forum USA Inc. since April 2006. Mr. Rosso served as Chairman of CNH Global N.V. from November 1999 until his retirement in May 2004; was Chief Executive Officer of CNH Global N.V. from November 1999 to November 2000; and Chief Executive Officer of Case Corporation from April 1994 to November 1999 and Chairman from March 1996 to November 1996. He is also a director of ADC Telecommunications, Inc., Bombardier Inc., and Eurazeo.
Question: Has technology changed the way you work and live?
Jean-Pierre Rosso: Well, for all the people like me this has been quite a change, and it has the most amazing thing for people of my generation is to changing pace, I mean now it is real time 24\7 world wide okay, when I started in business I used to send a telex and wait for an answer may be three days later and now of course you read earlier, read if you can, you read a Chinese paper the same morning the same time Chinese read there papers, so and as I said it is real time all the time and that as an unbeleiveable change.
Date Added: 03/19/2008
How to navigate the world on real time.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.