Noted editor Bonnie Fuller has launched Bonnie Fuller Media to meet the evolving needs of her longtime loyal following. Twice named Advertising Age's "Editor of the Year," she's been responsible for some of the magazine world's most well-recognized titles, including having served as Vice President and Chief Editorial Director of American Media (Star, Shape, Men's Fitness, Natural Health, and Fit Pregnancy) and Editor-in-Chief of US Weekly, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, YM, and FLARE magazines. Generally credited with inventing the “celebrity lens" school of journalism, she is a frequent contributor to a variety of media outlets including HuffingtonPost.com and Advertising Age and regularly participates on media industry panels.
Question: Will gossip become globalized?
Fuller: American celebrities are a big export from the States because our movies and our TV shows are bought around the world. And so you have an enormous interest in American celebrities in India, in China, and Hong Kong – you know all kinds of different countries. Now for a celebrity from a foreign country to cross over into the States, they need a vehicle. And if they have a vehicle that puts them in front of American eyes so that Americans can see them or hear them, then I think that they have a big chance of succeeding here. And there’s lots of British stars . . . many British, and Australian, and Canadian stars that have become big stars here. But it’s because their movies came here or they landed roles here. So I don’t ___________ at all in the future for celebrities from other countries. Recorded On: 1/30/08
Will gossip become more international?
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.