Each Man Kills the Thing He Loves
Irish singer, composer and painter, Gavin Friday stopped by the studio today. Among many topics, he spoke about growing up in Ireland, his work, his friendship with U2's lead singer, Bono and how they gave each other their nicknames. Friday's in town for an event at Carnegie Hall on Sunday to celebrate his fiftieth birthday. It's an evening that features performances with many notable artists, including the members of U2. When asked whom he'd like to have dinner with given the parameters that he couldn't have met the person before, and that he or she need not be alive, he answered Oscar Wilde. Makes sense, he titled his much lauded album with Maurice Roycroft after one of his poems.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.