There's a reason they call work "work."
If you want to be an innovation powerhouse, then you have to marry purpose with boldness.
- When workers are afraid to take risks, or do things differently, then the culture of an organization is hampered in its ability to incubate fresh ideas.
- Innovation is a byproduct of a bold purpose — that is, it's a byproduct of an intrepid mission that organizational members can personally relate to.
- When workers feel their work is meaningful, they are willing to work harder and to go the extra mile in terms of generating ideas and finding solutions to problems.
Can collective protest still change the world?
Maybe it's time to show this report your employer?
- Microsoft Japan recently completed its experimental "Work-Life Choice Challenge Summer 2019" program.
- The program involved giving employees five consecutive Fridays off, cutting the duration of meetings, and encouraging online chats instead of face-to-face ones.
- Some research echoes Microsoft Japan's recent report, suggesting that cutting the workweek can boost productivity.
Gig workers suffer from low pay, wage theft, precariousness, dangerous working conditions, and discrimination.