A new study in Spain displays the powerful effects of empathy.
- Men that take paid paternity leave in Spain are less likely to want more children in the future.
- The study's authors believe that men become more aware of the overall costs of raising children.
- Before the service was enacted, women spent 4.2 hours engaged in unpaid childcare labor compared to 1.3 hours by men.
Who would prefer a 30-hour work week? A lot of people, it turns out.
I woke up on a recent Tuesday morning and, while my husband got ready for work, I fixed some not-quite-healthy breakfast for the kids, harangued them until they brushed their teeth and put on shoes and socks, and drove them to school.
Medical science finally acknowledges what workers have known for years.
- The World Health Organization has finally declared burnout a real syndrome with medical consequences.
- The condition, discussed in medical literature since the '70s, is well known and has affected millions.
- Treating burnout isn't so simple, and requires organizational changes.
In her new documentary, Maxine Trump tackles the topic of choosing not to procreate.
- Maxine Trump's forthcoming documentary, To Kid Or Not To Kid, investigates why women choose not to have children.
- Twenty percent of women are making this choice, Trump says, which is not a small minority.
- Climate change and an inability to find a suitable partner are top reasons for this decision.
Your co-workers could be causing your insomnia.
- A new study has shown the reasons why incivility at work causes sleep problems such as insomnia.
- Negative health problems associated with workplace stress include cardiovascular disease, negative mood, and increased blood pressure.
- The researchers suggest creating a "psychological buffer" between you and your workplace through a variety of techniques.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.