Research from MIT reveals common habits and skills present among highly productive managers.
Here's how to harness the sunlight, even if you're sitting in an office all day.
On the first episode of The Portal, Eric Weinstein and Peter Thiel discuss the future of education.
- On his new podcast, The Portal, Eric Weinstein dives into student debt and the function of universities with Peter Thiel.
- Weinstein floats the idea of a college equivalence degree (CED) through an online testing system.
- Thiel notes that if you don't pay off your student debt by age 65, the government garnishes your social security checks.
The strike is poised to happen on Amazon's upcoming "Prime Day."
- Amazon workers at a Minnesota fulfillment center organized the strike, which is expected to last 6 hours on July 15.
- The workers consist mainly of East African Muslim immigrants, who've clashed with the company in the past.
- Amazon, Target and Walmart are all racing to offer customers the quickest shipping, a move that will likely worsen worker conditions at fulfillment centers.
A new study in Spain displays the powerful effects of empathy.
- Men that take paid paternity leave in Spain are less likely to want more children in the future.
- The study's authors believe that men become more aware of the overall costs of raising children.
- Before the service was enacted, women spent 4.2 hours engaged in unpaid childcare labor compared to 1.3 hours by men.