Today, a quickly emerging set of technologies known as bioprinting is poised to push the boundaries further.
Georgia State University researchers have created a novel nanoparticle vaccine.
- A nanoparticle influenza vaccine developed at Georgia State University proved effective in mice.
- The researchers combined a pair of influenza proteins in a novel approach to vaccination.
- They plan on loading it onto microneedle patches for skin vaccinations in the next phase of testing.
Is feeling wretched actually helpful?
A 2020 space mission wants to use zero gravity to disable some of the hardest cancers to fight.
- An Australian research mission, launched in 2020 by Elon Musk's SpaceX, will study effects of zero gravity on four cancers.
- Other missions with similar objectives are set to launch in 2022 aboard the new China Space Station.
- In earlier experiments, scientists found that microgravity can kill cancer cells.
Long-lasting capsule can remain in the stomach and release contraceptive drugs over several weeks.