One compound could help combat drug resistance.
Extensive research at Yale signals the future of personalized medicine
- New research from Yale confirms that gut bacteria alter the effects of medication.
- Researchers tested 271 oral drugs against 76 different types of bacteria in an extensive study.
- Such information could change how doctors prescribe medicine in the future.
Walmart is selling "snake oil," said the general counsel of the organization bringing the lawsuit.
- The lawsuit was brought by a nonprofit organization called the Center For Inquiry, which last year brought a similar suit against CVS.
- Walmart currently sells a wide variety of homeopathic products in stores and online, including its own products under the Equate brand.
- The lawsuit alleges that Walmart labels and promotes homeopathic products as if they're actual medicines.
New technology could predict cancer up to 5 years in advance.
Medical science finally acknowledges what workers have known for years.
- The World Health Organization has finally declared burnout a real syndrome with medical consequences.
- The condition, discussed in medical literature since the '70s, is well known and has affected millions.
- Treating burnout isn't so simple, and requires organizational changes.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.