Folios cheese wraps can be a surprisingly healthy substitute for traditional tortillas. Of course, there's a catch.
- To help keto dieters stay the course, Lotito Foods has developed the Folios cheese wrap, a tortilla made entirely of cheese.
- These cheese wraps can be part of a healthy diet, but only if eaten in extreme moderation and alongside low-fat, low-salt foods.
- Research shows that replacing grains and fiber with fat and salts in the long term can be dangerous.
The exploding popularity of the keto diet puts a less used veggie into the spotlight.
- The cauliflower is a vegetable of choice if you're on the keto diet.
- The plant is low in carbs and can replace potatoes, rice and pasta.
- It can be eaten both raw and cooked for different benefits.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
It's all the rage right now after the Paleo and keto diet sensations took the world by storm. But is it healthy?
- The meat-only diet is being promoted a lot by people with right-wing political biases.
- Until the science is studied and proven, caution is the best approach.
- Balance, balance, balance. Have I mentioned balance?
Ketosis is known to work wonders in terms of short-term weight loss. But what about the diet’s effects over the long term?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.