Both panoramic and detailed, this infographic manages to show both the size and distribution of world religions.
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?
The report also predicts India's economy will surpass the U.S. by 2030.
- The Standard Chartered Bank, a British multinational banking and financial services company, recently issued a report to clients outlining projections about the world economy up until 2030.
- The report predicts Asian economies will grow significantly in the next decade, taking seven of the top 10 spots on the list of the world's biggest economies by 2030.
- However, the researchers formed their predictions by measuring purchasing power parity at GDP, which is an approach that not all economists would use in these kinds of projections.
The social media company has long been expected to make a move into blockchain.
- Facebook is reportedly developing a stablecoin for WhatsApp users in India.
- A stablecoin is a class of cryptocurrency that's pegged to a stable asset like fiat currency or gold.
- India currently has more than 200 million WhatsApp users, and it sees more than $60 billion in global remittances every year.
The Dalai Lama is important, so important that he might decide not to come back after his next death.
- Tibetan monks from all over the world are scheduled to visit India to discuss the issues related to the next reincarnation of the Dalai Lama.
- Some, including the Dalai Lama himself, have questioned if the institution should be continued.
- The final decision will have far reaching effects, since China is unlikely to let the monks have the last word on the matter.
These great thinkers remind us that taking an unpopular, bold stance might not be madness.
- Sometimes, people are so far ahead of the curve that it takes everybody else hundreds of years to catch up to their ideas.
- While many people are content to quietly sit back and flow with popular opinion, these nine thinkers let the world know what it was doing wrong, often with major consequences.
- These great thinkers remind us that taking an unpopular, bold stance might not be madness.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.