Princeton scientists find a new way to control nuclear fusion reactions.
- A new study from Princeton physicists successfully uses boron powder to control nuclear reactions in plasma.
- Creating plasma can lead to an unlimited supply of energy.
- The new method is cheaper and less dangerous than previous approaches.
The inventor Nikola Tesla's esoteric beliefs included unusual theories about the Egyptian pyramids.
Researchers discovered a mysterious quantum effect that breaks a 60-year-old physics theorem.
- Princeton scientists lead an international team that discovered unusual behavior in iron-based superconductors.
- The researchers observed how adding cobalt atoms disrupted superconductivity.
- The experiment demonstrated unexpected quantum behavior.
A mysterious startup reveals a groundbreaking solar energy achievement.
- Heliogen, a startup backed by Bill Gates and Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, announces a solar energy breakthrough.
- The company's array of mirrors generated heat of 1,000 degrees Celsius, nearly twice as much as before.
- The startup aims to utilize the technology in industrial processes, significantly reducing gas emissions.
Researchers propose a gravity-based system for long-term energy storage.
- A new paper outlines using the the Mountain Gravity Energy Storage (or MGES) for long-term energy storage.
- This approach can be particularly useful in remote, rural and island areas.
- Gravity and hydropower can make this method a successful storage solution.