Is it the key to understanding why North Korea acts like it does, or an elaborate sham?
- North Korea is an anomaly among nations, but is there a method to its madness?
- Juche, meaning "self-reliance", is the official ideology of the country which supposedly informs its actions.
- Some observers question the sincerity of the ideology, dismissing it as mere propaganda.
- The study was conducted by researchers in China and the Netherlands.
- In economic situations, wealthy people were found to be considerably more offended by unfairness.
- Out of spite of feeling they are being treated unfairly, they'll reject an offer.
Words like entitled and privileged get thrown around a lot in conversations about wealth inequality. These terms are usually applied to the wealthy. But are there any measurable differences in the ways rich and poor people act out these traits when confronted with, say, an unfair deal? Research suggests there are.