A volcano in California is a hot spot for conspiracy theorists.
- Unusual UFO-shaped formations were observed in the skies over Mount Shasta.
- These were actually lenticular clouds that often look like lenses or flying saucers.
- This volcano peak in California has long been the subject of conspiracy theories.
Minnesota earned its 'blue mark' in the 1975 Morris earthquake, which had its epicenter in the western part of the state.
- Californians, want to run away from the Big One? Head for Minnesota.
- As this map shows, the Gopher State is the least likely to be hit by earthquakes.
- Choose your new home wisely, though: even Minnesota has one earthquake-sensitive spot.
Scientists discover how to predict megaquakes earlier to improve warning systems.
- Earthquakes of 7+ magnitude share a particular pattern, find seismologists.
- The pored over data of over 3,000 earthquakes to spot a "slip pulse".
- The scientists advocate using real-time GPS sensor data in early warning systems.