Fauna and flora refuse to go quietly into the Anthropocene.
- Pioneers of the Greater Holocene plan to strike back against concrete.
- Seed packets and plant nutrients are the weapons of choice for standing up to humanity's destructive impact.
- Hopeless? Maybe. Poignant? Absolutely.
- San Francisco board has issued a new ordinance that'll ensure 30 percent of all public art portrays female historical figures.
- Maya Angelou has been chosen as the first historical figure to be recognized.
- The sculpture concept has come down to three finalists — its completion date is slated for winter of 2020.
Twain and Tesla had similar passions and an amusing friendship.
- Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) and Nikola Tesla shared a friendship starting in 1890s.
- Tesla read a lot of early Twain when recovering from a serious illness.
- The two shared an interest in electricity.
The museum's important call to document future history.
- Photos taken by a staff member of the American Academy of Pediatrics has caught the eye of a Smithsonian curator.
- The drawings made by the migrant children features bars and cages.
- The Smithsonian Museum believes that it is important to record and catalogue these types of historical situations.
If AIs can generate photos of people who don't exist, what else can they imagine?