31 - Newfoundland On A Stamp
Not so much strange as just darn purty, this map of Newfoundland on a postage stamp, probably dating from before 1949, when it became a province of Canada (this happened after a referendum in which the other option was independence, with the joining of Canada making it with the slimmest of majorities: 50,50%). Taken off the website of Living Planet, a Newfie t-shirt producing collective with some more nice designs.
Sharon Salzberg, world-renowned mindfulness leader, teaches meditation at Big Think Edge.
- Sharon Salzberg teaches mindfulness meditation for Big Think Edge.
The navigation tool has placed a school in the sea, among other things.
- Google has apologized for the sudden instability of its maps in Japan.
- Speculation on the latter option caused Zenrin shares to drop 16% last Friday.
A new computer model solves a pair of Jovian riddles.
- Also unexplained has been the pair of asteroid clusters in front of and behind Jupiter in its orbit.
- Putting the two questions together revealed the answer to both.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.