Structural Challenges Facing the World Economy
As emerging markets become major players in the world economy, nations must insist on growth that distributes income across populations in order to prevent protectionist trade policies.
Michael Spence and Sandile Hlatshwayo of New York University's business school identify the major challenges facing the global economy and address threats to liberal trade policies. "If a relatively open global system is to survive in a world where nation states are the principle decision makers, it will have to be managed and guided not just to achieve efficiency and stability (important as these goals are), but also to ensure that its benefits are distributed equitably between and within countries. If employment in advanced countries like the U.S. recovers strongly along with growth, political support for an open global economy will be easier to sustain."
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.