StorkStand Provides One Of The Easiest Ways To Shift Your Workplace Into A Standing One
Teodora Zareva is an entrepreneur, writer, board games geek and a curious person at large. Her professional path has taken her from filmmaking and photography to writing, TEDx organizing, teaching, and social entrepreneurship. She has lived and worked in the U.S. and Bulgaria and is currently doing her MBA at Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford. Her biggest passion lies at the intersection of media and youth development. She is the co-founder of WishBOX Foundation, a Bulgarian NGO that helps high school students with their professional orientation by organizing events, courses, summer camps and developing digital media resources.
Sitting at a desk and being inactive for long periods of time is bad for you, both in terms of health and productivity. Study after study shows it and yet there’s not much left for the office worker to do about it. Unless you're working for a hip startup, you're unlikely to find standing desks at your workplace. At the same time makeshift contraptions such as a stack of binders on top of your desk might not be the most elegant or appropriate solution.
StorkStand attempts to solve this problem. It's a mobile desk that can turn any office chair into a workstation. Actually, calling it a desk is a bit of a stretch, as the device’s dimensions are 17" wide by 15.5" deep and it can comfortably hold up to a 17” laptop. It is, however, very sturdy, able to hold up to 50 lbs and can easily be installed on the back of an office chair.
StorkStand claims to be “the most affordable standing desk” on the market, and indeed, compared to the prices of most standing desks that usually run north of $1,000, StorkStand’s $199 might sound really good. Compared to Ikea’s latest standing desk offering, which starts at $489.99 and is also easily adjustable from sitting to a standing position, the price tag might not seem as inviting. Still, the best advantage of StorkStand is its mobility. For those who have flexible working locations it can provide a sure way to keep up with their standing-while-working routines.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
In a breakthrough for nuclear fusion research, scientists at China's Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor have produced temperatures necessary for nuclear fusion on Earth.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- Still, scientists have many other obstacles to pass before fusion technology becomes a viable energy source.
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.