A Simple, Yet Effective Way To Decide If You’re A Psychopath
A variation of the "the trolley problem" and how a psychopath weighs his or her options differently than others.
Come on, admit it — you’ve wondered if you’re a psychopath at some point. (Oh, you mean that’s just me? Uncomfortable silence … )
More accurately, I’ve wondered how psychopaths would likely react in given situations as compared to those of us who are not afflicted with that condition. (And, let us not forget, those who are diagnosed as psychopaths and other such conditions would like you to accept the name they wish to be called.)
Here’s an excellent scenario, postulated by psychologist Kevin Dutton, that demonstrates how you might react differently if you were a psychopath, and how the brain “lights up” in entirely different ways when the action is taken.
Thumbnail image Creative Commons Licensed from Sketchport.com, image titled "Lying About Wonderland."
The new offices will be built in New York's Long Island City and Viriginia's Arlington.
- Amazon will receive more than $2 billion in incentives from the two states.
- The company plans to create a total of 50,000 jobs at an average wage of $150,000.
- The announcement has caused controversy, raising concerns about rising rent prices and potentially lost resources in communities surrounding the upcoming developments.
They're at a higher risk for depression, weekend binge drinking, and unnecessary dieting.
- Body dysmorphia is not limited to women, a new study from Norway and Cambridge shows.
- Young men that focus on building muscle are at risk for a host of mental and physical health problems.
- Selfie culture is not helping the growing number of teens that are anxious and depressed.
Dozens of mummified cats were dug up this week. This isn't as shocking as you might think.
- Archaeologists in Egypt have found dozens of mummified cats in the tomb of a royal offical.
- The cats will join the ranks of hundreds of thousands of previously discovered ancient kitties.
- While the cats are nothing special, the tomb also held well preserved beetles.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.