Creativity Demands Danger and Risk
"I don't think that anything that's really creative can be done without danger and risk."
Julie Taymor (b. 1952) is an American director whose career spans opera, theater, and film. She won the Tony Award for Best Direction of a Musical for The Lion King (the first woman to win in that category), as well as a Tony Award for Original Costume Design.
She will be speaking at The Nantucket Project, a festival of
ideas happening September 24 - 27 on Nantucket, Massachusetts. To find out more visit https://www.nantucketproject.com.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
Turns out pushups are more telling than treadmill tests when it comes to cardiovascular health.
- The Harvard study focused on over 1,100 firefighters with a median age of 39.
- The exact results might not be applicable to men of other age groups or to women, researchers warn.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.