Why Asia and America are trading places
Asia is experiencing a boom in terms of education and business.
- Less Asians are traveling to America, and this is partly because many U.S.-based top-tier schools have extension campuses in the East.
- Asia is becoming a melting pot itself because countries such as China and Japan are attracting immigrants from across the region, not only to attend the notable universities, but also to find jobs in caring for aging people.
- The tenure of an expat who moves to Asia, if she or he is part of a lucrative business, has extended significantly. This said, there are many Americans, particularly of Asian heritage, who are migrating to cities such as Singapore, Hong Kong, and Tokyo because of thriving industries.
Paying a fee for greenhouse gas emissions may spur a revolution, in terms of corporate behavior, toward the climate crisis.
- When it comes to politically addressing the climate crisis, we need politicians from both sides of the aisle to work together to create policies that bring about a more sustainable tomorrow.
- If we enact policies that require companies to pay for their greenhouse gas emissions, we would see an immediate change of behavior from them, in regard to how much they contribute to climate change.
- There's growing agreement that the climate crisis is real among both Republicans and Democrats. The main concern, however, among those who are still critical of its significance is whether it will limit people's choices or slow the economy.
Just hearing two languages helps babies develop cognitive skills before they even speak. Here's how - and how you can help them develop those skills.
A new study shows that babies raised in bilingual environments develop core cognitive skills like decision-making and problem-solving -- before they even speak.
When it comes to making others laugh, you have to help them observe an absurd fact of life with you.
- When you're trying to write something funny, it has to be an idea that first strikes you, personally, as funny.
- The reason for this is that, then, it's something you're genuinely amused by. When this is so, it's based on observation of an experience that others may relate to.
- The next step, after this, is to try to translate it for others to understand. Sometimes you can't reword it perfectly for others to appreciate because the words themselves carry different notes of meaning to you. Nevertheless, the aim is to try to keep your audience's jargon, their palette of words, in mind.