Why are you a vegan?
Question: Why are you vegan?
Peter Rojas: Well, I mean I’m vegan, so . . . I went vegan about 11 years ago, and I think that it’s a relatively small lifestyle change that, you know, if . . . if everyone on the planet like stopped eating meat, it would actually contribute . . . you would actually contribute greatly to the environment. And you know something . . . Like the carbon related to meat production and animal, you know, red meat production in the world globally, I mean, is like . . . I think it produces as much carbon as all the automobiles in the world. So that’s something like, you know. I don’t expect that to happen anytime soon. And I . . . It’s something I very rarely talk about. But it would be like a . . . It’s one of those things where like it’s such a small personal sacrifice, and you could have such a positive impact, I think, on the planet. You know I think my . . . It’s so funny. It’s like I very rarely give advice to people.
Recorded on: 10/2/07
Rojas talks about why his eating habits and the philosophy behind it all.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.