What should be the major issues of the US Presidential 2008 election?
Jeffrey Archer was educated at Oxford University. He has served five years in Britain’s House of Commons, fourteen years in the House of Lords, and two in Her Majesty’s prisons, which spawned three volumes of highly acclaimedPrison Diaries. All of his novels and short story collections---including Kane and Abel, Sons of Fortune, and False Impression---have been international bestsellers. Archer is married with two children and lives in London and Cambridge.
Question: What should be the major issues of the 2008 election?
Jeffrey Archer: Clearly to quote with that President Clinton and it is the economy, your economy is a mess at the moment and the President’s rather glib statement yesterday is really not acceptable. There is a world crisis at the moment, in which America is at the center and the rest of us are desperate to see how America would react.
You need a strong physical leader. Finally enough I would say to New York without any side at all, if I had a completely free vote, I would vote for Mayor Bloomberg. I think his command of finance, his understanding of global financial problems. I have spoken to him and listen to him lecture on this subject. I would vote for him tomorrow. With the problems you have at the moment, he would make a damn good President.
Recorded on: March 15, 2008.
The economy--because yours is a mess at the moment.
- More than one in five Afghans is clinically depressed – a sad world record
- But are North Koreans really the world's 'fourth least depressed' people?
- Even in America, books are frequently challenged and removed from schools and public libraries.
- Oumuamua, a quarter-mile long asteroid tumbling through space, is Hawaiian for "scout", or "the first of many".
- It was given this name because it came from another solar system.
- Some claimed 'Oumuamua was an alien technology, but there's no actual evidence for that.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.