What makes a great actor?
Bonnie Timmerman: Sometimes it’s just there inside of them. They’re just born with it. The camera loves them, and they have such a great core . . . emotional core. And sometimes it’s just very natural, and other times it’s about study and working hard. Yeah, I think that’s . . . It’s very hard to be an actor and a good actor. I mean anybody could be an actor. You could be an actor. I could be an actor. But to be a great actor I think that’s something different, and it takes a lot of hard work.
Recorded On: 12/21/08
A great actor has a greatness at his or her core that's hard to imitate.
- Unfortunately, many disparate factors are erasing the traditional Bajau way of life.
We explore the history of blood types and how they are classified to find out what makes the Rh-null type important to science and dangerous for those who live with it.
- Fewer than 50 people worldwide have 'golden blood' — or Rh-null.
- Blood is considered Rh-null if it lacks all of the 61 possible antigens in the Rh system.
- It's also very dangerous to live with this blood type, as so few people have it.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.