What is the role of the art gallery today?
Question: What is the role of the art gallery today?
Robin Cembalest: I think the gallery has a very strong role today. So, especially certain galleries that have a lot of branches in various cities there is galleries that represent a very large roster of important artists. I really don’t know how to answer that.
Question: Are galleries going to go international?
Robin Cembalest: You not seeing quiet that, there are cases where galleries are opening in other place. Gozian [phonetic] opened for example in Roam, but what you are seeing instead is that the galleries have increasingly international roasters of artists. Every day we hear about another gallery that is picking up another Chinese artist. All the major galleries have that. Now, the same thing is for with Latin American artist and I think that that’s one thing that you can also say about the globalization of art world is that there is a lot of, may be less with Chinese artist, but there are - certainly in case the of Latin American artist, there is cases where they are not considered Latin American artist, they aer international contemporary artist, which is a true sigh of the globalization of the Art world.
Are galleries going international?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A NASA astronomer explains how astronauts dispose of their, uh, dark matter.
- When nature calls in micro-gravity, astronauts must answer. Space agencies have developed suction-based toilets – with a camera built in to ensure all the waste is contained before "flushing".
- Yes, there have been floaters in space. The early days of space exploration were a learning curve!
- Amazingly, you don't need gravity to digest food. Peristalsis, the process by which your throat and intestines squeeze themselves, actually moves food and water through your digestive system without gravity at all.
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.