What Is Mantra Meditation?
Deepak Chopra MD, FACP, founder of The Chopra Foundation and co-founder of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, is a medical doctor, public speaker, and author of more than 80 books, including numerous New York Times bestsellers. He is regarded as a major advocate for the use of alternative medicine. Dr. Chopra is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
Dr. Chopra’s books have been published in more than forty three languages. His New York Times bestseller Peace Is the Way received the Religion and Spirituality Quill Award in 2005, and The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life was awarded the Grand Prize in the 2005 Nautilus Awards. His latest New York Times bestsellers include What Are You Hungry For: The Chopra Solution to Permanent Weight Loss, Well-Being, and Lightness of the Soul, Super Brain: Unleashing the Explosive Power of Your Mind to Maximize Health, Happiness, and Spiritual Well Being, War of the Worldviews, Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul, and Spiritual Solutions - Answers To Life's Greatest Problems.
Question: What Is Mantra Meditation?\r\n\r\n
Deepak Chopra: Transcendental meditation is one particular form of mantra meditation – and there are many – that allows your mind to experience progressively abstract fields of awareness. And ultimately you settle down in the space between your thoughts. The space between your thoughts is pure consciousness, and it’s a field of possibilities. It’s a field of creativity. It’s a field of correlation. It’s also a field of uncertainty. And it’s also a field where intention actualizes its own fulfillment. So that meditation allows you to contact this field, which is very primordial – the ground state of our existence.\r\n
Recorded on: Aug 17, 2007
It is a technique that allows the mind to experience progressively abstract fields of awareness.
- Prejudice is typically perpetrated against 'the other', i.e. a group outside our own.
- But ageism is prejudice against ourselves — at least, the people we will (hopefully!) become.
- Different generations needs to cooperate now more than ever to solve global problems.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- U.S. PIRG tested 20 beers and wines, including organics, and found Roundup's active ingredient in almost all of them.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
- The team observed an ultra-rare particle interaction that reveals the half-life of a xenon-124 atom to be 18 sextillion years.
- The half-life of a process is how long it takes for half of the radioactive nuclei present in a sample to decay.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.