Tom Freston: Great Books
Topic: Great Books
Tom Freston: Well book wise, “On the Road”, Jack Kerouac was a big inspiration to me. It got me on the road. I’m still on it. I loved that story and that time, and the idea that someone could break out of that sort of conformed world of the ‘50s and do it with such great abandon and such enthusiasm. So “On the Road” was probably my favorite book, and I know it just hit its 50th . . . I think it’s its 50th anniversary, which is a whole other . . . that’s a whole other story.
Recorded On: 7/6/07
Freston, on Kerouac.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.