Stephan Jenkins on Ursa Major
Jenkins: What was different about making “Ursa Major,” “Ursa Major” is different in that it was all worked out from playing live in front of audiences at colleges, so it was not something that was so closed down, that was one big difference. And I think that it came out of a period of self-doubt and coming out of that self-doubt and coming into a period of self-confidence, so both of those elements are there on this album. And I also think that a lot of what I’ve done in the past has been very sort of internal, somewhere the locust is sort of deep in here and this, the locust of “Ursa Major” is more outward and more reacting to the connections with other people rather than just expressing what’s within me, so it’s probably not an emo record. So far, it’s been surprisingly well received and I’m really pleased about that. I’m really happy with the reaction that it’s had and I really hoped that people like it. We believe in reaching people with music that is our mission and purpose and we hope that it makes people excited and happy. That is the point of it is to… reach people and bring happiness through music. That is what Third Eye Blind is trying to do.
Stephan Jenkins describes the success of his latest project.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.