Josh Ritter on Self-Promotion
You know, when I first started I just knew I wanted everybody in the world to hear one song of mine. I thought of, like, This Land is Your Land by Woody Guthrie, and I thought "That’s the most amazing song, and everybody knows it, and that would be so amazing if people knew a song of mine."
If you’re ambitious, you have to be honest with your ambitions. You can be the best and the smartest and the cleverest and the most talented songwriter, but if you just assume that you don’t need to promote this song or whatever it is, that if you don’t feel the need to do that . . . if you get your own strength from hiding it away from the world, then no one is ever going to hear it and no one’s really going to care. So I’d say, like, just start off and be honest with yourself and say that the world needs to hear what you’ve got to say and you deserve to be able to go out there and show what you do.
Directed / Produced by
Jonathan Fowler & Elizabeth Rodd
The artist's business plan is simple, says singer/novelist Josh Ritter - you just commit to putting your work in front of as many people as possible.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.