Jon Corzine on America’s Next High-Growth Industries
Corzine: I think I would be looking for a diversified portfolio that looked at real estate, energy, particularly alternative energy, energy efficiency related companies. [IB] it’s not private but although Warren Buffet made it almost private by taking a stake in a company like General Electric, which is involved in the infrastructure and particularly in the energy related areas that has good cash position, long-term good position in society. I would look at biotech companies on ones that are working on the applications of stem cells, in advancing how we would deal with multiplicity of diseases that just have not yet come up with the kind of treatments that, I think, there’s a huge market for. Think about MS. Think about diabetes. Think about things that have huge markets, companies that are working on that, that have the ability, investing in those companies that have good starter sets of research in those areas, I think, will lead to great success over a longer period of time.
Gov. Jon Corzine has a list of the next big economic opportunities.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.