Carol Gilligan on Aging in America
Carol Gilligan: It is a privileges as a women to live in America, first of all, compare to other places where you could live where girls aren’t educated, women are stoned or burned or whatever, so that’s one thing. And it is also good fortune to get older and not ill or something like that. I think it is a wonderful time for women and my friends who are like me would are “older women” and its interesting, because we - the images of like old women, I mean even the images I have when I was walking around in granny shoes, whatever it is not the lives we are leading and it’s like the question from before about, whether you are looking at eleven year old is playing soccer and just girls feeling so alive and enjoying themselves in a much fuller way. I think you can go right up to older women who are having amazing launch right now, I said if you fortunate to live in a country where you are not having to walk around in the burqua or where you are totally cannot drive or you cannot be out of the control of men and if you are fortunate and in the sense of you are not affected with severe illness or something, terrible thing.
Being an older woman in the U.S. means enjoying a great deal of freedom.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.