Rachel Sterne Talks With Big Think Today
GroundReport's CEO comes to the Big Think studio today to discuss all things related to the hyperlocal world of citizen journalism. Post your questions for Ms. Sterne here.
Prior to founding GroundReport, Sterne worked in the media departments of the UN Security Council for the State Department. After witnessing the humanitairan crisis in Darfur, she was inspired to launch GroundReport as a vehicle for citizen journalism and social change.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.