Rachel Sterne Talks With Big Think Today
GroundReport's CEO comes to the Big Think studio today to discuss all things related to the hyperlocal world of citizen journalism. Post your questions for Ms. Sterne here.
Prior to founding GroundReport, Sterne worked in the media departments of the UN Security Council for the State Department. After witnessing the humanitairan crisis in Darfur, she was inspired to launch GroundReport as a vehicle for citizen journalism and social change.
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.
From questionable shipwrecks to outright attacks, they clearly don't want to be bothered.
- Many have tried to contact the Sentinelese, to write about them, or otherwise.
- But the inhabitants of the 23 square mile island in the Bay of Bengal don't want anything to do with the outside world.
- Their numbers are unknown, but either 40 or 500 remain.
At least he wasn't burned at the stake, right?
- The letter suggests Galileo censored himself a bit in order to fly more under the radar. It didn't work, though.
- The Royal Society Journal will publish the variants of the letters shortly, and scholars will begin to analyze the results.
- The letter was in obscurity for hundreds of years in Royal Society Library in London.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.