The idol of worship
Christian music... when we think of this we think that there is no way that it can be taken and used in a wrong way. It is often the way people worship God and express their love for Him. On the other hand, there is way too many times when the focus becomes all about the music and not about the one to whom it is directed to. It becomes about entertainment, voices, guitars, drums, and so on. It looses what it was meant for. It was meant to glorify the Lord and not worry about all of those things. Yes, they do add to the experience, but it is a place of the heart. I know someone who is consumed with music. She is all about the new Christian worship songs and always looking to see what else she can sing in front of people. The whole concept of why it was created has completely been lost on her. It is a sad thing and one that I think needs to be addressed more in the Christian musical world.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- There are 2 different approaches to governing free speech on college campuses.
- One is a morality/order approach. The other is a bottom-up approach.
- Emily Chamlee-Wright says there are many benefits to having no one central authority on what is appropriate speech.
Two new studies say yes. Unfortunately, each claims a different time.
- Research at the Weizmann Institute of Sciences declares evening to be the best time for an exercise session.
- Not so fast, says a new study at UC Irvine, which replies that late morning is the optimal workout time.
- Both studies involved mice on treadmills and measured different markers to produce their results.
- Economist Sylvia Ann Hewlett breaks down what qualities will inspire others to believe in you.
- Here's how 300 leaders and 4,000 mid-level managers described someone with executive presence.
- Get more deep insights like these to power your career forward. Join Big Think Edge.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.