They're made from stretchy, electroactive polymer films.
- The contact lens is made mainly from stretchy, electroactive polymer films.
- It's able to recognize subtle electrooculographic signals that we generate in the tissues near the eye.
- Samsung also recently filed a patent to develop what appear to be smart contact lenses.
Some say the proliferation of sex robots could lead to less demand for prostitution, but not all agree.
- A Toronto-based sex robot brothel plans to open another location in Houston.
- Some critics argue that the proliferation of sex robots would lead to increases in prostitution and sex trafficking.
- Others say that such technology could help some people find a degree of much-needed companionship.
Miles away from the site of the site of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics in South Korea, eight teams raced skiing robots down a mountain for a chance to win $10,000.
It takes an average of 7.5 months to build a single-family home. A Ukrainian startup has cut that timeframe down to just 8 hours.
It takes an average of 7.5 months to build a new home. Even the smallest of domiciles — cabins, micro homes — usually take months to construct. But the Ukrainian startup PassivDom has cut that time down to as few as 8 hours by using a 3D-printing robot to print autonomous, mobile homes for $64,000 each.
UC Berkeley researchers create a robot that learns by playing and can predict the future of its actions.