PopularSurprising SciencePersonal GrowthMind & BrainSex & RelationshipsTechnology & InnovationCulture & ReligionPolitics & Current Affairs
When it comes to leadership, we're quite picky on who we let govern us.
03 June, 2019
- Research suggests that human beings are equipped for, and even prefer, a kind of mild hierarchy.
- However, there is a certain alchemy behind successful leaders. For instance, we don't want leaders that are too powerful or too autocratic or are too able to impose punishment on ourselves.
- The best leaders foster connections, friendships, and cooperation among their subordinates.
Keep reading Show less
- What distinguishes humans is social learning — and teaching.
- Crucial to learning and teaching is the value of free expression.
- And we need political leaders who support environments of social peace and cooperation.
In general, birds of a feather do tend to flock together.
13 April, 2019
- It's common for people to form groups of like minded individuals who also have similar abilities.
- Evolution confers advantages on heterogeneous groups of people and groups with diverse talent sets.
- Prizing individual identity ahead of group identity also helps counteract tribalistic politics.