Researchers observed "inter-brain coherence" (IBC) — a synchronisation in brain activity — between a musician and the audience.
Relax Melodies is the most positively reviewed app in the history of the App Store.
- Blue light negatively impacts the secretion of melatonin, making it harder for smartphone and computer users to sleep.
- Meditation has been shown to have a positive impact on sleep by increasing specific neurochemicals while decreasing stress.
- Relax Melodies can help you get the sleep you need, and it's on sale.
Research from Denmark finds that mindfulness and music help sustain attention.
- Four weeks of mindfulness training and 12 minutes of binaural beats were found to increase attentional capacities after being mentally fatigued.
- This research from the University of Southern Denmark provides important interventions during a stressful time.
- Mental fatigue leads to higher incidences of workplace and traffic accidents as well as an inability to retain information.
A song many consider the black national anthem rises again in the United States.
- Written as a poem by James Weldon Johnson around 1900, "Lift Every Voice and Sing" tells a haunting story of spiritual survival.
- The hymn is considered by many to be the black national anthem and has seen a resurgence lately in popular culture.
- Music has a way of helping us feel others' story.
The use of words related to negative emotions has increased by more than one third.