David Bienenstock has made it his mission to keep the history of cannabis alive.
- Cannabis journalists David Bienenstock and Abdullah Saeed launched Great Moments in Weed History to share the history of marijuana.
- They cover hilarious and amazing weed tales about Willie Nelson. Louis Armstrong, Barack Obama, and Fela Kuti.
- In this interview with Big Think, Bienenstock says it's essential to keep the history of marijuana alive in the corporatized age.
An experimental study involving 90 heavy drinkers found promising results.
- A single dose of ketamine has been shown reduce cravings for alcohol in heavy drinkers.
- Ninety drinkers took part in the experimental study; the ketamine groups fared best.
- This research on addiction follows in the wake of a ketamine derivative being used for treatment-resistant depression.
Researchers discover that not only can anxiety prevent you from sleeping, but not getting a good night's sleep might also cause anxiety.
- Anxiety disorders are frequently associated with poor sleep. The intuitive conclusion is that anxious individuals are too worried to fall asleep.
- However, a recent fMRI study revealed that failing to get a good night's sleep, even for healthy individuals, can also contribute to anxiety levels the next day, raising them by up to 30 percent.
- The findings suggest that one of the best ways to treat anxiety may be to get in a full night's rest.
Mycologist Paul Stamets believes they should be.
- Mycologist Paul Stamets believes psilocybin should be offered over the counter.
- Numerous studies on psychedelics over the past few years are helping to build the case for therapeutic usage.
- Potential benefits include positive mental outlook and reduced depression and anxiety.
Move over SSRIs, Advil is on the way.
- A new study found that anti-inflammatory medications provide "reasonably safe" relief from depression.
- The meta-analysis discovered that 26 out of 30 studies showed the efficacy of NSAIDs, omega-3s, and others help combat mental health issues.
- While an important advancement in treating depression, root causes of inflammation, such as diet and stress, should be addressed first.