Stop prescribing advice and start helping people come up with their own solutions.
If the only advice you've heard on public speaking is to imagine the audience in their underwear, this article's for you.
- Whether it's at school, a funeral, a wedding, or work, most of us have to make a speech at some point in our lives.
- However, public speaking can be anxiety inducing, and giving a bad speech can make it difficult for your audience to understand your message.
- By using these 7 speechcraft tactics, you can improve your public speaking skills, feel more confident, and become a more competent orator.
When it comes to leadership, we're quite picky on who we let govern us.
- Research suggests that human beings are equipped for, and even prefer, a kind of mild hierarchy.
- However, there is a certain alchemy behind successful leaders. For instance, we don't want leaders that are too powerful or too autocratic or are too able to impose punishment on ourselves.
- The best leaders foster connections, friendships, and cooperation among their subordinates.
The world's changing, and so too are the skills that employers want to see.
- LinkedIn scoured their database of employers and employees to develop a list of skills that employers were looking for the most.
- These skills--creativity, persuasion, collaboration, adaptability, and time management--are timeless, but they're also becoming more important as globalization and automation change the business landscape.
- Here's what these five skills are about and how they can be improved.
After a landslide victory, a popular comedian with no political experience becomes Ukraine's next president. Are comedians really the best leaders?
If you were browsing Netflix's comedy section recently, you might have noticed the Ukrainian sitcom, Servant of the People. In it, an ordinary history teacher is unwittingly elected president of the Ukraine.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.