The Lumina Foundation lays out steps for increasing access to quality post-secondary education credentials.
- America's post-high school education landscape was not created with the modern student in mind. Today, clear and flexible pathways are necessary to help individuals access education that can help them lead a better life.
- Elizabeth Garlow explains the Lumina Foundation's strategy to create a post-secondary education system that works for all students. This includes credential recognition, affordability, a more competency-based system, and quality assurance.
- Systemic historic factors have contributed to inequality in the education system. Lumina aims to close those gaps in educational attainment.
- In 2019, Lumina Foundation and Big Think teamed up to create the Lumina Prize, a search to find the most innovative and scalable ideas in post-secondary education. You can see the winners of the Lumina Prize here – congratulations to PeerForward and Greater Commons!
Turning the office into a place of artistry.
- Creativity in the workplace requires flexibility and a strong company culture.
- Experts encourage lateral thinking and meditation.
- A diverse and inclusive company also spurs creativity.
There's fairness, and then there's craziness.
- There's no dispute that climate change is real and we're causing it.
- Climate coverage coverage gives non-expert outsized influence.
- Non-scientists with mere opinions get as much or more exposure as experts.
Todd McLeod, the founder of Greater Commons, has a 12-step plan to transform higher education in the U.S., improve our lives, and improve society.
- Half of all students who begin their higher education journey drop out, 68 percent of Americans never attain a higher education degree, and 73 percent of Americans go into fields unrelated to their higher education degree.
- Clearly, something is wrong with how we approach higher education. In turn, this approach contributes to societal ills, like unrealized contributions to humanity, unrealized potential, debt, despair, and pessimism.
- Professor and founder of Greater Commons Todd McLeod has a 12-step plan designed to revolutionize higher education in the U.S. to ensure that the higher education system can keep pace with our rapidly changing world.
- In 2019, Lumina Foundation and Big Think teamed up to create the Lumina Prize, a search to find the most innovative and scalable ideas in post-secondary education. Congratulations to Greater Commons, founded by Todd McLeod, the audience choice winner of the Lumina Prize!
A large new study pinpoints a technique to achieving better grades and success in life.
- A growth mindset could help students do better in school, finds a new study.
- 12,000 students were encouraged to grow intellectual abilities and take more challenging courses.
- Graduating high school is linked to better health and financial success.