Creators of the popular protein-folding game, Foldit, are seeking help to design a treatment for COVID-19.
- Since being founded in 2008, the crowdsourced protein-folding game, Foldit, has helped solve many novel problems.
- In recent months, the Foldit team has presented its community with problems relating to COVID-19.
- Foldit founder, David Baker, says over 20,000 different designs for potential COVID-19 antiviral proteins have been submitted.
Medical researchers put a ring on it to learn more about the onset of COVID-19.
This Twitter thread may provide all the education a person needs.
- A simple question on Twitter resulted in an avalanche of mind-blowing answers.
- What else are we supposed to do with all of these stray bits of information?
- Sciency, helpful, and ridiculous — we've got 'em all.
An elegant, 400-year-old means of navigating the stars takes flight.
- The Planetary Society is about to launch LightSail 2, a crowdfunded light sail craft.
- LightSail 2 uses photons from the sun as fuel.
- Space X's Falcom Heavy rocket will carry LightSail 2 aloft, 720 kilometers up.
The Human Diagnosis Project project is building the world's "open medical intelligence" system.
- The Human Diagnosis Project can develop medical diagnoses with startling accuracy.
- The platform combines the knowledge of medical professionals and artifical intelligence.
- The goal of the project is to provide open, readily available high-level guidance and training to health care professionals across the globe.