Nostalgia is also proven to decrease loneliness and increase resiliency.
- Nostalgia is defined as a sentimentality for the past and can be unique to each person.
- Studies have shown nostalgia can be used to combat loneliness and improve resilience. Nostalgia can also be used to boost creativity.
- There is a kind of cooperative activity between memory and reward systems in your brain that plays a very specific role in how we experience nostalgia.
While everyone has a camera, great photography is still an art mastered by few.
- While everyone has a camera in the smartphone era, photography is still an art that takes time and discipline to do well.
- Learning to use natural light and frame landscapes are two challenging photo skills.
- Great photography begins by choosing the proper gear for the style you have in mind.
The rules have changed, and so have we.
- The widget economy has given way to something entirely different: the passion economy.
- Whereas the previous economy was fueled by mass production and homogeneity, growth in the passion economy involves more specialized products that less people want more intensely.
- This shift creates more dynamic, less linear career paths that evolve and change as you do. Ultimately, this will lead to more fulfilling and better paid work.
The standard face-to-face team is inefficient for employees and employers alike.
- A common misconception is that remote teams are not as productive. That is simply not true.
- While there are pros to having everyone in a centralized location and on the same schedule, a major benefit of having employees work remotely is that it saves time and money.
- Having a remote team also gives companies more freedom to hire employees based on skill, not proximity.
In such states of creative divergent thinking, the body is aroused and the pupils become dilated.